Saturday, May 21, 2016

Childlike Contentment Moment
The past two weeks have been jammed packed with intense and significant and challenging work. No shortage of opportunities to feel that precious beauty of being in the moment, fully engaged and alive.

Then I went to the gym this morning.

It has been about 4 years since I stopped playing hoops 3-4 times week, which I had done most of my life.

Today, after lifting I thought I would check out a ball and just shoot around a bit by myself...then asked to join a game, then we played another.

A total blast.

Walking out, the best player on my team called out to me, "Bill, we play at 10 every Saturday. You should join us,' as he swung a low five my way.

I said 'thanks' as our hands clapped and walked in the other direction, into the locker room.

For the next several minutes I felt a level of contentment and euphoria and in-sync-with-the-worldness I have not felt since I was a kid, when I was too young to appreciate it fully.

Maybe this says I am shallow or vain or both or worse.  All I know is it felt great and I was taken aback by how simple and impactful that one comment was today.  Thanks man.  I just might join you.

No comments:

Post a Comment