Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mom
Always ready to laugh. Kind to the core. Average cook but makes sure everyone is at the table every day telling stories and connecting. Treats every conversation as sacred.


Puts family first and there is no second. Somehow remembers every birthday, anniversary, name of distant relative or neighbor we have not seen in decades. Everyone welcome in her home.

This picture with my brother captures my Mom perfectly. The essence of life-affirming contentedness and good cheer.

It would be difficult to exaggerate how much of our parents live on in our inner selves, and for me that is the part of myself that grounds the rest, that feels the most like the me I want to be.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thanks for being, along with Dad, a living example for me on how to life life well. I learn more from you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment