Thursday, December 27, 2012

Blizzard of 2012
Maybe it comes with being in my 50's, but after driving 360+ miles from Chicago to Akron through some of the worst winds, roads, and white out conditions this New Englander has ever seen I am exhausted and thankful.  Exhausted from all the energy it takes to navigate highway driving during a serious winter storm.  Tired from worrying, as we passed dozens of cars and trucks that had spun off the road on both sides, and three pile ups, one bad.  Butt sore, back aching, eyes weary. 


Thankful for the work of first responders and Ohio Department of Transportation workers for preventing things from being even worse and helping those who ended up in trouble.  Thankful that I survived all those years in my late teens and twenties when I was more likely to be one of the chuckleheads driving way too fast on highways like we navigated yesterday and today.  Thankful in a million ways for my partner, but in this post particularly for the above photo that captures both the beauty and the danger of stormy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment