Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day Dad
There are no words, but saying nothing will not work either.  You have always been there for me, for all of us, with Mom and for Mom as well.  This meant sacrifice of your time and energy and patience.  Everyday, day in and day out, without hesitation, with love.  It has always been so routine and taken-for-granted that I am sorry that your integrity and honor and selflessness and intelligence can go unnoticed.  So, even though words cannot capture, they can at least register seeing and noticing and appreciating and reminding me to tell you how much I love and appreciate you, how lucky I feel to have you in my life.


Yesterday, I was able to receive a gift from Brian and Philip in the form of their wonderfully warm Father's Day wishes.  They are two amazingly kind and strong young men.  I tried to follow your lead, and when I did I think I was able to be a good role model, advisor, and fellow-traveller.  Since my relationships with Brian and Philip have become as central to my life as my relationship with you, and I have a tattoo to remind me, thanks for that as well.  Thanks for helping me get to the point where I am happily and proudly seeing all I love in you in Philip and Brian!


Happy Father's Day Dad.  I do not say it enough: I love you, without you my life would immeasurably diminished, all the lessons that matter in life you (and Mom) taught me, you are in my heart and thoughts daily, today and always.  Much love, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment