Saturday, July 6, 2013

Red Sox Best in American League

As a life-long Sox fan, I did not expect my team to be playing so well this season.  But the front office put a premium on getting guys who play the game right to go with Pedroia, Ortiz, Bucholtz, Lester, Ellsbury and Salty.  Some from the farm system, some via trades, none as big-ticket free agent purchases.  Nice to see the Lackey of old back on the mound.



It's early?  Of course.  I am not predicting a ring at this point, but I love the team and applaud the GM and manager for figuring this out...adding David Nava, Shane Victorino, Mike Napoli and bringing up Iglesias.  Maybe Middlebrooks will even start to show some power when he comes of the DL, but Iglesias' bat may have already made Middlebrooks trade bait at this point.  Go Sox.

Reading Francona: The Red Sox Years...fun read.  A few passing references to my childhood hero, Yaz, make me wonder if there is some sort of Yaz-Sox feud going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment