Saturday, July 22, 2017

Many years as companions everyday, leaves a big hole in our hearts













































We love you Annie. Thanks for so many great years together. We miss you my friend. This morning, I missed your gentle paws trotting behind me into the kitchen for breakfast followed by our walk around the property to survey your kingdom.

It is so quiet here, almost soul-less. The spot where your bed was and your basket of toys are oddly empty. The corner of the counter that had your food and treats now seems like a vast swath of wasted space.

Reading on the couch without you curled up next to us announces your absence. When we come home after a 'date day' we are not greeted by you on your back legs, front legs reaching out like arms for a hug.

And the petting and tummy rubbing and face licking. And all our conversations, including those where you would tell me, with a laugh, that 'my voice does not sound like that!' You are one of the most wonderfully loving souls to have crossed my path in this lovely life.

Today it feels like I took you for granted and did not soak up all you had to offer, mostly because (I guess) I feel lost without you and wish you were here, but then, through my tears, I remember all the joy and wonder we shared.

There are still no words, but I had to try, just a bit, to express how much I love and miss you Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment