Saturday, April 7, 2018


Wrong on So Many Levels
Dana Milbank’s recent commentary in the Washington Post focuses on what has now grown to a very long list of statements from this president bragging about himself that are all clearly inaccurate. 

Milbank reminds us that our current president has said the following since he became a candidate:
  1. Nobody has been tougher on Russia than I have.
  2. I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life.
  3. I am the least racist persons you have ever interviewed.
  4. Nobody knows more about trade than me.
  5. Nobody respects women more than I do.
  6. Nobody loves the Bible more than I do.
  7. I have one of the great temperaments.
  8. There’s nobody that’s done so much for equality as I have.
  9. I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.
  10. My IQ is one the highest.
  11. I have the best words.
  12. I am a stable genius.
  13. I have one of the great memories of all time.
  14. I was always the best athlete.
  15. I know more about ISIS than the generals.
  16. Nobody in the history of the world knows more about taxes.
  17. I am the most militaristic person ever.
  18. I received a red carpet like I think probably nobody has ever received.
  19. My Poland speech was the greatest speech ever made on foreign soil by a president.
  20. There’s nobody that understands the horror of nuclear better than me.
  21. My cabinet has by far the highest IQ of any Cabinet ever.
  22. Never has there been a president who’s passed more legislation.

While the president might someday call this the greatest list of quotes from the greatest president of all time, I am sure this is not an exhaustive list of the obviously inaccurate boastings from this dangerous and indecent president. I am not sure why I am so drawn to the disgust here, because I should retain a focus on policy and, more importantly, on the midterm elections. But today, reading these all in one place captured my attention. A weak but honest moment. How did we elect this man?

No comments:

Post a Comment