Friday, January 3, 2014

My favorite image in 2013 was the label on a gift from my niece and nephew that read...


I cannot recall what the gift was, but will remember this label for a long time.  Similarly, I cannot remember a time in my life when the Pope was someone I was proud to call the leader of my church.  That changed in 2013 in a big way.


Anonymous played a positive role in 2013 but in the context of the exploding internet and NSA spying shenanigans, it also worries me a bit.


President Obama continued to try to move past senseless obstructionism, but with Beohner stepping up as a partner we just continued to weaken support for democracy and the rule of law.


But pot is now legal for recreational use and, hopefully, even more widely available in 2014 for pain control...and generally giving us a long overdue chill pill.


Julie and I ended the year with a decision to enact a plan we have been hatching for years.  We are now homeowners in RI, which will mean a lot more time with Dad and Mom, Ray and his family, the ocean and assorted New England things.


We give you the round house.  Actually 15 sides with 11 sides of glass on 1.5 acres of wooded land ten minutes from my parents, two brothers, and the RI shore.


The little big room

View from our front door

No comments:

Post a Comment